Posted by ram i need major help please!!! on Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 4:36pm.
i need help with this pre lab question:|
plse help me!
teh following data were obained for the reaction
2ClO2(aq)+ 2OH^-(aq) -> ClO3^-(aq) + ClO2^-(aq) +H2O (l)
Where rate = delta[ClO2]/ delta t
(mol/L) (mol/L) (mol/L*s)
[ClO2]0 [OH-]0 Initial rate
0.0500 0.100 5.75*10^-2
0.100 0.100 2.30*10^-1
0.100 0.050 1.15*10^-1
a) determine the rate law and the value of the rate constant
b) what would be the initial rate for an eperiment with [ClO2]0= 0.175 mol/L and the [OH-]0=0.0844 mol/L
- CHEMISTRY - ram i need major help please!!!, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 4:40pm
sorry i tired to make it a chart bbut it did not work the 3 numbers in order for each concenraion is as follows
- CHEMISTRY - DrBob222, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 4:53pm
Here is how you do part a. That should get you started.
rate = k*(ClO2)^x*(OH^-)^y so substitute run 1 and run 2 into this.
r1 = 5.75 x 10^-2=k*(0.050)^x*(0.100)^y
r2 = 2.30 x 10^-1=k*(0.100)^x*(0.100)^y
Now divide equation for r1 by equation for r2 and solve for x, the only unknown in the equation. I obtain x = 2
- CHEMISTRY - DrBob222, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 4:59pm
I can read the chart you posted. If determining x, you do the same kind of thing to determine y 9but make sure the value for x cancels; i.e., you want to use run 2 and run 3. After determining x and y, then you can take any of the runs, substitute the values for concn in those runs along with the values for x and y and determine k, the rate law constant. For part b, simply plug in the values in the part b problem, plug in k just determined in part a, and solve for the rate.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - i need help with a rate law question: The reaction is 2ClO2(aq) + ...
- Chem Help .plz - pre-lab questin.. part a was to determine the rate law from the...
- Chem - 2ClO2 + 2OH- --> ClO2- + H2O Experiment 1, M of [ClO2] = .060 M of [OH...
- CHEMISTRY!!- - The following date were obtained for the reaction 2ClO2(aq)+2OH(...
- Chemistry: Please check my answer - ClO2 is sometimes used as a chlorinating ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following reactions are spontaneous (favorable)? A] 2Mg...
- chemistry - Styrene is produced by catalytic dehydrogenation of ethyl- benzene ...
- CHEMISTRY!! NEED IMMEDIATE HELP PLEASE!!! - a. Calculate the delta H, delta G, ...
- chemistry - If HClO2 is a stronger acid than HF, which is stronger than HOCl, ...
- chemistry - use the following data, as appropriate, to estimate the molarity of ...