Posted by Kay on Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 9:18pm.
Which one of the following groups of structures is involved in regulating calcium levels?
A. Parathyroid, thymus, intestines, kidneys, and bones.
B. Parathyroid, bones, intestines, kidnesy, and adrenal glands.
C. Thyroid, parathyroid, bones, intestines, and adrenal glands.
D. Thyroid, Parathyroid, bones, intestines, and kidneys.
Any serious help please? I'm thinking D, but am not sure.thanks in advance
Anatomy and Physiology - bobpursley, Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 10:06pm
The problem I have in D is it does not include the endocrine gland skin, where Vitamin D (as a hormone) is synthesized, and it has a great role in regulating calcium levels.
Anatomy and Physiology - Kay, Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 10:09pm
ok, any other suggestions
Anatomy and Physiology - bobpursley, Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 10:37pm
Other than that, D is a sensible response.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Health Care Man. - Which answer below includes the major glands ofo the ...
- Anatomy and Physiology - Movement of bones in the skeletal system is made easier...
- chemistry - pKa = 2.1; pH = 2.0 (stomach); pH = 6 (intestines) = 99.98741233 % ...
- SCIENCE-BONES-NEED HELP - Do all bones store fat and produce blood cells? And ...
- anatomy - How does estrogen affect calcium levels in bones?
- math - Could you please show me how to work this problem? Each hand in the human...
- Math - Each human hand has 27 bones. There are 6 more bones in the fingers than ...
- Physiology - Parathyroid hormone and calcitonin are synthesized where?
- physiology - Where is Parathyroid hormone and Calcitonin each synthesize, and by...
- physiology - Which might, in theory, be used to combat osteoporosis? Parathyroid...