Posted by Kenya on Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 9:24pm.
Can someone else explain it but more easier for an 8th grader
In January, gasoline cost $1.05 per gallon. In July, gasoline cost $1.20 per gallon. Find the percent of increase.
Would the answer for this question be 14.3?
And how do you do percent of decrease?
The original cost of a computer is $900. If the price is decreased by 15%, what is the sale price?
I need help with this question(:
Adv. Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 9:34pm
1.20 - 1.05 = 0.15
0.15 / 1.05 = 0.143 = 14% decrease
900 * 0.15 = 135
900 - 135 = 765
Adv. Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 9:35pm
Kenya -- we have students posting upper level high school and college math. After this I suggest you use 8th grade math as your subject.
Adv. Math - Kenya, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 9:36pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Adv. Math - In January, gasoline cost $1.05 per gallon. In July, gasoline cost $...
- math - on january 1,1999,the price of gasoline was$1.39 per gallon .if the price...
- math - a 12.0 gallon gasoline tank holds 66.0 pounds of gasoline. If this ...
- math - A saleman operates a car which averged 15 miles to a gallon of gasoline....
- statistics - In 1995, the cost of unleaded gasoline was $.95 per gallon. In 2010...
- Math - How much would it cost to drive an automobile that averages 22 miles per ...
- Math - If the price of gasoline in Germany is about $1 per liter, what is the ...
- math - A student uses approximately 40 to 45 gallons of gasoline per month. The ...
- math - An employee at a marketing firm A student uses approximately 40 to 45 ...
- math - How much would it cost to drive 54.2 miles in a car that gets 16 miles ...