Posted by y912f on Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:01pm.
i cant find this in my book. i've probably read about it but i don't remember
In the 1890s, immigration patters shifted dramatically, with most immigrants now coming from
a. northern European countries
b. southern and eastern European countries
c. Mexico and Central America
d. China and Japan
i cant even make a guess
- U.S.History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:06pm
It depends upon whether you're asking about before or after 1895.
Check this article.
- U.S.History - Damon, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:07pm
- U.S.History - y912f, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:09pm
the question doesnt say before or after
would it be A?
- U.S.History - Damon, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:10pm
Prior to 1890, 82% of immigrants came from north and western Europe. From 1891 to 1920, that number dropped to 25%, with a rise in immigrants from East, Central, and South Europe summing up to 64%.
- U.S.History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:11pm
I don't think northern Europeans represented a dramatic shift in immigration. After all, northern Europeans, especially from the British Isles, Germany and Scandinavia had been immigrating here since 1600.
- U.S.History - y912f, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:11pm
- U.S.History - Damon, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:12pm
Hey look, you can figure this out. You read about all those Irish and German troops in the Civil War and then the Polish and Italian workers in the factories 30 years later.
- U.S.History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:12pm
Yes. It's B.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- US History - Please help me with these: (I finally finished English 2, and am ...
- history - i'm stuck on my history homeowork, can someone please help me with ...
- history - please help me with this question: how did the pattern of European ...
- Civics - Beginning in 1995, most countries in the European Union started to ...
- History - I have this one question that is giving me some trouble trying too ...
- HiSTORY ....helpppppp - One unintended consequence of the immigration ...
- social studies - Why do many Eastern European countries want to join the ...
- social studies - Why do many Eastern European countries want to the European ...
- history - 2. President Clinton sent military troops to Bosnia to bring about ...
- History, social studies :) - The mughal empire gave trading rights to several ...