Posted by Crystal on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 11:55pm.
You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study. The Human Resources Department arranges an
interview and tells you to bring with you a polished piece of writing for them to evaluate your writing
skills. The paragraph must describe one particular experience you’ve had that inspired you or guided
you to choose the type of position for which you applied.
Your audience is your potential employer and your purpose is to show you have thought carefully
about what and/or who has motivated you toward this career choice and why. In addition, you want
to convey your enthusiasm for this position as it relates to your inspiring experience. Take time to
think about what your audience wants to know and strive to reach a balance between informal and
formal business writing.
1. Prewrite about your field of study and create a specific job for which you might want to apply
at a particular business or organization in your area. Outline what that position would look like.
Brainstorm details, names, titles, and facts to provide depth to your paragraph and enable you
to write a polished paragraph.
Freewrite about the different experiences you’ve had that motivated you to choose your area of
study. Pick one on which to focus—one that triggers sparks of enthusiasm. Review your prewriting
and choose what’s most pertinent to the experience and position. Decide on an organizational pattern,
such as a chronological outline, and arrange those details into a logical, coherent flow.
I worked for a In Home Care Provider and my position was eliminated after 8 years. so I went back to school. After deciding I still wanted to work in the medical field. One of my classes was in medical terminology. I studied anatomy, physiology, medical transcription and coding. Another class covered health information laws like privacy, releasing information, confidentiality, going to court. After taking those classes I decided that I wanted to further my education and take more classes. Some of those classes included Medical Billing, Insurance Form Preparation and Insurance Reimbursement. I enjoyed these classes very much so.
Here is what i have so far...
- Writing Sentences and parahgraphs - Writeacher, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 7:48am
Is this your freewriting? If so, it's pretty good. You have plenty of ideas upon which to build the formal piece of writing. Now ... here are the points in the directions that are missing from your paragraph:
**...create a specific job for which you might want to apply ...
**Outline what that position would look like.
**Brainstorm details, names, titles, and facts to provide depth...
Then you should be ready to complete the assignment, including these items: choose what’s most pertinent to the experience and position. Decide on an organizational pattern, such as a chronological outline, and arrange those details into a logical, coherent flow.
Please repost when you've done the next steps.
- Writing Sentences and parahgraphs - Writeacher, Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 7:56am
Remember, when you post your next step in this writing project, do NOT use your real name or email address on these message boards (or anywhere else online, for that matter). It's just not a safe or smart thing to do.
For your own email address, you should have a relatively plain one in place to use for job-hunting (in addition to any cutsie email addresses you have for social use!) -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- or something very plain like that. You can make a free account at hotmail or yahoo or gmail to use just for this purpose.
Also, if you were trying to copy and paste anything (in the post which I removed because of the personal information), it didn't work. You'll need to type in what you want us to read.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- writing sentences and paragraphs - you've applied for a specific job in your ...
- business writing - Background You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of...
- Business English - I need help writing this: You’ve applied for a specific job ...
- Writing Sentences And Paragraphs - Hello Sir/ Mam, I have assignments to be ...
- Business English - You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study. ...
- Business Writing - Background You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of...
- English - I have a writing project. I would like advice from you. This is the ...
- Writing Sentences and paragraphs - Paragraph 1 Background You’ve applied for a ...
- english - you've applied foa specific job in your field of study. the human ...
- writing sentences and paragraph assignment - I have to write these paragraphs ...