Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 8:35pm.
Another grammar question from me... I need help understanding gerund phrases. I know the meaning and everything there is just no easy way for me to spot them..any help for me? Thanks
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 8:39pm
Gerund phrases begin with a verb form and are used as subjects and objects.
Why don't you post a few sentences with gerund phrases and try to identify them. We'll be glad to check your work.
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 8:47pm
OK Thanks. Here are the questions given to me:
1. Cheering the team gave me a sore throat.
b.Cheering the team
d.a sore throat
2. My uncle is taking up a new kind of exercise, walking.
c.taking up a new kind of exercise
- Grammar--Please check! - mysterychicken, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 9:03pm
Can someone please check my above post about gerund phrases? Thanks!
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 9:13pm
Yes. Both are correct. Of course, your second sentence only has a gerund, not a gerund phrase.
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 9:15pm
Oh, I thought so. ^_^
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Phrases and Subordinate Clauses - Basically, I'm confused on this. The sentence...
- grammar - I need help identifying gerund or gerund phrase, and then what is the ...
- English - Is there any easy way to figure out how to identify participial ...
- grammar - It's been too long... someone please help - 4th grade grammar, simple ...
- EW! GRAMMAR! - Can someone help me find GOOD pratice tests for Prepositional ...
- grammar - if your baby does not like cold apple juice, it should be heated. I ...
- english - what is an interjection? Try www.dictionary.com what key would you use...
- ENGLISH 1 - INDICATE THE FUNCTION OF THE UNDERLINED NOUNS IN THE FOLLOWING ...
- english - In each group,choose the sentence that has correctly drawn a line ...
- English - How does one explain the difference in usage between "I am going to go...