posted by y912f .
these are reasons from a group of African Americans living in NC of why they want ot emigrate to Kansas:
i have to mark E for economic; P for political, and S for Social
1. We have not our rights in law. P
2. The old former masters to do not allow us anything for our labor...E
3. We have not our Right in the Election. We are defrauded by our former masters. P
4. We have not no (rights) to make an honest and humble living. E
5. There is no use for the Colored to go to law after their Rights; not one out of 50 gets his Rights. S
6. The Ku (Klux)Reigns...S
7. We Want to Get to a land Where we can Vote and it not be a Crime to the Colored Voters..P
8. Wages is very low (here). E
thanks for checking
I agree with all except 5. Legal rights are political in nature.
On a follow up note to this, where does one draw the line between politics, society, and economics?! Aren't they all culturally intertwined in some way?!
Yes, that's true if you think of it in that way :)