Posted by y912f on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 7:41pm.
these are reasons from a group of African Americans living in NC of why they want ot emigrate to Kansas:
i have to mark E for economic; P for political, and S for Social
1. We have not our rights in law. P
2. The old former masters to do not allow us anything for our labor...E
3. We have not our Right in the Election. We are defrauded by our former masters. P
4. We have not no (rights) to make an honest and humble living. E
5. There is no use for the Colored to go to law after their Rights; not one out of 50 gets his Rights. S
6. The Ku (Klux)Reigns...S
7. We Want to Get to a land Where we can Vote and it not be a Crime to the Colored Voters..P
8. Wages is very low (here). E
thanks for checking
U.S.History - bobpursley, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 7:43pm
I agree with all except 5. Legal rights are political in nature.
U.S.History - y912f, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 7:47pm
U.S.History - Brandon, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 8:12pm
On a follow up note to this, where does one draw the line between politics, society, and economics?! Aren't they all culturally intertwined in some way?!
U.S.History - y912f, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 8:25pm
Yes, that's true if you think of it in that way :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ethics - Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word research paper identifying the linguistic...
- eth 125 Wk 5 - what the the economic, social and political standing of african ...
- Editorial Evaluation (Writeacher) - What do you think? Does it require any ...
- History - Could someone please help me with this? There is three parts to this ...
- History - Could someone explain what social, economic, and political issues are...
- us history - Describe the long-term political and economic effects of the ...
- History - I need to find a little more information between the similarities ...
- u.s hist. 2 - what was the reconstruction policies regarding social, economic ...
- American History - Describe the social, economic, and political composition of ...
- us history - choose the phrase that best completes the following statement. one ...