Posted by Suzanne on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 4:58pm.
Solve each system graphically.
4x - y = 9
x - 3y = 16
I need to find at least one pair of points that fit. I tried using the elimination method and got (5 and 6/7, -22), which did not even work for the first equation.
I also tried graphing it but it was too hard to tell.
Can anyone help me with solving this?
Thanks so much! :-)
- Algebra - Chopsticks, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 5:03pm
you can try substitution
x-3(4x-9) = 16
x - 12x + 27 = 16
- Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 5:14pm
Didn't your question ask for a graphical solution?
so you have to find at least 2 ordered pairs for each equation and then draw them
for the first:
4x - y = 9 ---> y = 4x - 9
for the second:
x - 3y = 16 ---> x = 3y + 16
graph both lines, they should intersect at (1,-5), the answer chopsticks gave you.
- Algebra - Tom, Monday, October 26, 2015 at 12:54pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Checking a few answers to some algebra problems: 1.Find the slope of ...
- Algebra Multiple Choice - Hello, This is the last of questions I have for my ...
- Algebra - Solving system of linear equations by using the apropiate method name ...
- Algebra-Multiple choice - Hello, I have some practice math I'm working through ...
- Algebra/Elimination method - Solve using the elimination method. If the system ...
- algebra - I just need a quick check before I hand in my work if you would......
- Algebra - Solve each system graphically. 4y = x + 8 3x - 2y = 6 Basically, what ...
- Algebra - I have two equations that I need to solve using the elimination method...
- Algebra - Solve by the elimination method. 5r-7s=-37 7r+5s=37 What is the ...
- Algebra....HELP!! - Use the elimination method to solve the system of equations ...