Posted by y912f on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 10:30am.
how would you describe the tone of the poem Planet on The Table by Wallace Stevens.
this is hard for me to do because i don't even understand the poem
Poem/Planet on The Table - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 11:16am
Here's a GOOGLE Search to help you: http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=Planet+on+the+Table+poem+by+Wallace+Stevens&btnG=Google+Search
Poem/Planet on The Table - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 11:18am
P.S. Here's something on "tone:"
tone: The manner in which an author expresses his or her attitude; the intonation of the voice that expresses meaning. Tone is described by adjectives, and the possibilities are nearly endless. Often a single adjective will not be enough, and tone may change from chapter to chapter or even line to line. Tone is the result of allusion, diction, figurative language, imagery, irony, symbol, syntax, and style.
Poem/Planet on The Table - Bella, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 11:28am
i 've already lookeed at all of those ...they don't help me understand the poem :(
Poem/Planet on The Table - GuruBlue, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 12:15pm
Here is the whole substance of the poem.
"was glad he had written his poems.
They were of a remembered time
Or of something seen that he liked."
What would the "tone" be?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- poetry/The Planet on the Table - what is the meaning of the poem "Planet on the ...
- Poem/Planet on theTable - does anyone know the meaning of this poem by wallace ...
- Lit/Poem/The Planet on the Table - The subject of Steven's poem is the a. ...
- English - Another question regarding the poem Annabel Lee. Can you check my ...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- English - I need help interpreting the poem "I Never Saw Another Butterfly" by ...
- Englsih II - Review the poems we have studied in this unit and select the one ...
- 9th grade lit poem - I need assistance I was on here before with this poem but ...
- English/Literature/Poetry (Writeacher) - Have you read the poem called "Problems...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...