Posted by Lilly on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:17pm.
Miguel cuts a square with a 5inch sides out of a circle with a 12inch diameter. Find the area of the remaining piece to the nearest tenth.
I dont undersand how to figure ou the problem.
- math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:21pm
Find the area of the circle. Then find the area of the square. Subtract the square's area from the circle's area.
- math - zyquaria, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:32pm
so the answer is 12.7?
- math - Lilly, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:34pm
sorry my sister typed in her name so it says her name not mine
thats my answer...12.7
- math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:36pm
I got a different answer.
Did you use this formula for the area of the circle? A = pi * r^2
Did you multiply 5 * 5 for the area of the square?
- math - Lilly, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:41pm
- math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:50pm
3.14 * 36 = 113.04 square inches
5 * 5 = 25 square inches
113.04 - 25 = 88.04 = 88.0 square inches
- math - Lilly, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:52pm
so the circle equals 3.14rsquare (r=3.5 square) and that equals 11
then for the square 5square and that equals 20
the answer is 9?
- math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 8:58pm
The radius is 6 inches.
Square that and multiply by 3.14 to find the area of the circle. See above.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Miquel cuts a square with 5-inch sides out of a circle with a 12 in ...
- Geometry - Find, the nearest tenth, the area of the region that is inside the ...
- math - I'm asked to find the circumference of a circle to the nearest tenth and ...
- math - 1. Find the area of a circle whose diameter is 5.1 centimeters (cm). Use ...
- Math word problem - A small circular pool is enclosed in a square. Find the area...
- MATH - Find the area of a circle with the given radius or diameter. Round your ...
- Geometry - 1. Find the diameter of a circle with a circumference of 50 mm. Round...
- Math - Find the area of the given circle.Round to the nearest tenth. The ...
- math - madison square garedn in new york city is built in the shape of a circle...
- Math - Hi! Can you help me with this problem please? thank youu :D The problem ...