Posted by Melanii on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 5:08pm.
5 green balls and 2 red balls together weigh 10 pounds, and 1 green ball and 4 red balls together weigh 7 pounds. If all red balls weigh the same amount and all green balls weigh the same, then what is the weight of 8 red and 8 green balls together?
I'm not sure at all how to solve this one, either... please help in any way you can! Thanks! :-)
algebra - Melanii, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 4:59pm
i kinda did ratios
2 1/2:1 =5
2:1/2 =3 1/2
algebra - Chopsticks, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 5:00pm
The red ball weighs about 1.4
the green ball weighs about 1.44
So i think 8r and 8g ball weighs about 22.72
This is not an exact measurement of each balls, just an estimate.
algebra - Rachelle, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 5:03pm
Wow... 1/2 of a ball. :-)
I see what you were trying to get across... but our teacher never showed us a problem like this... so frustrating.
I don't know if your ratio way is exactly right, but it is a good way to straighten out the info.
Wait... I got something!
g is green and r is red.
5g + 2r = 10
g + 4r = 7
Then, if we add those together and find out what one ball weighs individually, then you just multiply it by 8! I think I got it! :-)
just reposting :):):)
algebra - Melanii, Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 5:07pm
yeah that makes sense... i'm gonna try it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - 5 green balls and 2 red balls together weigh 10 pounds, and 1 green ...
- Pre Algebra Probability - Each of two urns contains green balls and red balls. ...
- Math help? - I am kind of stuck on this one Each of two urns contains green ...
- JUST URNS - Pre-Algebra (Update; ignore last post) - Each of two urns contains ...
- Another math related question - Two urns both contain green balls and red balls...
- Urns and $ - Pre-Algebra - 1. Each of two urns contains green balls and red ...
- statistics - A jar contains 7 red balls, 5 green balls, 4 blue balls, and 3 ...
- statistics - If a bag contains a set of 20 red balls, 10 green balls, and 15 ...
- Math - A bag contains 5 balls,8 white balls, 9 green balls,7 blue balls& 6 ...
- Math - Four balls are simultaneously picked at random from a jar containing 2 ...