Posted by Amy on Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 10:16pm.
I have a homework assignment due tomorrow consisting of true/false questions. Would someone please review my answers and see if I am correct. Thanks.
1. Although women in ancient India were not priests, they were often chosen to teach the importance of the Vedas to the people? False
2. The Harappans of ancient India conducted trade with the Mesopotamians? True
3. Harijans, meaning children of God, was a term Mahatma Gandhi used to refer to the Untouchable caste in Indian society? Ture
4. The Dalits were members of the highest case in Indian society? False
5. Archaeologissts gave the Indian city of Mohenjo-Dara its name, which means city of the dead. False
6. In ancient China, men raised the children and women worked in the fields? False
7. Male chauvinism was not practiced in ancient China? False
8. Women in ancient China often held high positions in the government? False
9. Shangdi, the sky God of ancient Shang in China, was latter referred to as Tian, meaning heaven? True
10. The concept of social classes did not exist in ancient China during the Shang Dynasty? False
World History 201 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 10:26pm
I think all of your answers are correct except for one. Check this article.
World History 201 - Amy, Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 10:34pm
I questioned that one too. The only reason i put false is because my instructors question says it means "city of the dead" whereas the article i read says "mound of the dead". What do you think? Do you think its the same thing? I'm not sure if that's a trick question. lol
World History 201 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 10:46pm
I think mound and city are close to the same thing in this context.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Stat HW for. - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient History comes to ...
- world history 201 - will someone double check these true/false questions for me...
- Statistical concept 68-95-99.7 - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient ...
- HEALTH HELP PLEASE!! - Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point) True ...
- Spanish 3 Homework. - Hello. For these questions I have to specify whether these...
- math - can someone correct this for me... solve: -4(2x - 3) = -8x + 5 my answer...
- History - So, this isn't a homework assignment, but I really would like to know ...
- 6th Grade World History - Hi, can someone please explain me this: What caused ...
- True or False Please Help - (10 Environmental Science True or False Questions. ...
- English - 1.A limerick has four lines. True or False? I think its true 2. The ...