World History 201
posted by Amy on .
I have a homework assignment due tomorrow consisting of true/false questions. Would someone please review my answers and see if I am correct. Thanks.
1. Although women in ancient India were not priests, they were often chosen to teach the importance of the Vedas to the people? False
2. The Harappans of ancient India conducted trade with the Mesopotamians? True
3. Harijans, meaning children of God, was a term Mahatma Gandhi used to refer to the Untouchable caste in Indian society? Ture
4. The Dalits were members of the highest case in Indian society? False
5. Archaeologissts gave the Indian city of Mohenjo-Dara its name, which means city of the dead. False
6. In ancient China, men raised the children and women worked in the fields? False
7. Male chauvinism was not practiced in ancient China? False
8. Women in ancient China often held high positions in the government? False
9. Shangdi, the sky God of ancient Shang in China, was latter referred to as Tian, meaning heaven? True
10. The concept of social classes did not exist in ancient China during the Shang Dynasty? False
I think all of your answers are correct except for one. Check this article.
I questioned that one too. The only reason i put false is because my instructors question says it means "city of the dead" whereas the article i read says "mound of the dead". What do you think? Do you think its the same thing? I'm not sure if that's a trick question. lol
I think mound and city are close to the same thing in this context.