posted by Gabby on .
Could you please check these answers
I don't understand #4 could you give me a link or you can try to help me. Thanks:
1. Identify what all organic compounds have in common, and list the four principal classes of organic compounds.
Answer: Cabohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids all contain carbon atoms that are covalently bodned to other elements such as hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon atoms. The four organic compounds are carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids.
2. Compare the structures of saturated and unsaturated fats.
Answer: In a saturated fat, and unsaturated fat they both are in a chain connected with hydrogen atoms. Also, both fats are solid at room temperatue.
3. Describe the three parts of a nucleotide and how they are attached to one another.
Answer: A sugar is in the shape of a pentagon, a phosphate group is in the shape of a circle with the letter "p" in the middle, and in the base it's shape is a pentagon on the left side, and a hexagon is connected with the pentagon. Also, the sugar, and phosphate group are the color blue, and base is in the color green. To attach each other sugar attaches to base (the pentagon), and sugar attaches through the phospate group.
4. (I don't understand need assistance)
Critical thinking: Inferring relationships:
Compare the role of ATP in cells with the roles of RNA.
5. Molecule X contains a sugar and phosphate group. What is molecule X
A. A carbohydrate
B. A nucleotide
C. A fatty acid
D. An amino acid