Posted by Laura on Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 4:40pm.
I am currently studying for the cbest exam in all three areas, math, reading and writing. Does anyone have any current information that would help better prepare for these tests.
- adult education - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 4:44pm
Check these sites.
- adult education - Writeacher, Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 5:16pm
The math part of the CBEST covers math through Algebra I and a tiny bit of Geometry.
For the writing section, plan and write a 5-paragraph paper with plenty of details and examples to prove whatever point you will try to make. Stay on topic. Off-topic answers, even if well written, will get you a zero.
The reading section is the toughest, IMO! Many of the questions seem to be "trick questions" and the answer choices will include a couple of obviously wrong ones, but you'll really have to pay attention to choose between the answer choices that are left.
I taught English in grades 9-12 in California for about 12 years before taking that test (for a different credential), and I was astounded that my math score was better than my reading score!! =)
Use the links Ms. Sue has given you above, and be sure to use your time wisely during the exam.
- math - kelly, Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 9:35pm
- math - PsyDAG, Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 11:38am
First, if you have a question, it is much better to put it in as a separate post in <Post a New Question> rather than attaching it to a previous question, where it is more likely to be overlooked.
5/6 - 1/4
Change to common denominator of 12 and add.
10/12 - 3/12 = ?
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. I am busy studying for the mid-term exam. 2. I am busy studying for...
- Final-Chemistry - I have finals coming up in a week and a half. I know I should ...
- English - This is for my online class. I need help on making sure this is up to ...
- adult education - What materials/resources do I need to do a training seminar on...
- Writing Tests - Lately, for the past couple of tests I've written, I suddenly ...
- English - Hi, Can someone help me with my online Psychology assignment? She is a...
- English/Writing - Hi, I am writing a persuausive essay and other than trying to ...
- biochemistry-studying - I am taking biochemistry. I study for my tests, but I ...
- adult education - Can you help me with penn foster exam for general math 1?I ...
- AP Exams? - I am in AP Chemistry and AP U.S Hisotry and I have planned on taking...