Posted by MC on Friday, February 13, 2009 at 4:31pm.
How long ago did the first human culture, involving villages and a sense of history, develop?
A. about 1 billion years ago
B. a few million years ago
C. 100,000 to 200,000 years ago
D. about 10,000 years ago
E. about 1,000 years ago
History - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 13, 2009 at 4:38pm
Check these sites to find the best answer.
History - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 13, 2009 at 5:17pm
One of the best ways of learning approximate and relative dates is to create your own illustrated timeline.
Take a long roll of paper -- like freezer wrap. It should be at least 12 feet long.
Draw a line lengthwise down the middle. Then, starting near the left end, mark 3500 B.C. Measure off equal spaces for the number of centuries to 2000, leaving room on the right for events since 2,000. Number each of these centuries -- 3500, 3400, 3300, etc.
Then, as you study various events and people in world history, neatly print them below the line. Above the line, illustrate some of these. A couple of favorites of my students was a ziggurat copied from our text and the Fall of Rome. Some showed a cartoon Roman falling off a cliff.
Have fun with world history. :-)
History - Brandon, Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 11:00pm
You could automatically eliminate letter A and letter E as being too extreme (outliers). Look up Neolithic Revoultion or Agricultural Revolution.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Apex personal finance - Mack opened a CD 10 years ago at an interest rate of 7.8...
- Math Word Problem - The Mesozoic Era began about 250,000,000 years ago. The ...
- Biology - PLEASE HELP!!!! 1. How many millions of years ago did sharks first ...
- English - Not many years ago, I worked outside of the UK...
- math - An executive is earning $162,000 per year. This is $10,000 less than ...
- Social Studies - People may have reached the region that is now Louisiana about ...
- math - Deposits of $1,000, $1,100 and $680 were made into a savings account, the...
- value of money - Deposits of $1,000, $1,100 and $680 were made into a savings ...
- Math - A mountain pine beetle population can double every year if conditions are...
- English - 1.I started play the oboe because [I've heard] it was a challenging ...