Posted by Crystal on Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:04pm.
How would you verify the identity?
Pre-Cal (verifying trig identities) - bobpursley, Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:12pm
what is rad?
Pre-Cal (verifying trig identities) - Crystal, Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:14pm
thinking needed - bobpursley, Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:31pm
multiply both sides by the sqrt sinx
sinx-cosxsinx-sin^3x cosx=cos^3x sinx
Hmmm. This is telling me the identity does not exist, because sinx(1-2cosx) is not zero.
check my work. There has to be an error here, but I am certain this is (was ) leading somewhere.
Pre-Cal (verifying trig identities) - Reiny, Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:38pm
I read your identity as
(sinx)^(1/2) - cosx - (sinx)^(5/2)*cosx = (cosx)^3 *(sinx)^(1/2)
I picked 30 degrees, and the
left side was NOT equal to the right side.
So the way you typed it, it is not an identity.
Pre-Cal (verifying trig identities) - bobpursley, Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:48pm
Pre-Cal (verifying trig identities) - John, Monday, February 8, 2010 at 9:59am
I think I have the same book as you Crystal... I have no clue how to solve this thing... :p
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- verifying trigonometric identities - How do I do these problems? Verify the ...
- Trig Identities - Prove the following identities: 13. tan(x) + sec(x) = (cos(x...
- pre cal verifying identities - how do I verify?? sin(x)+cos3(x)=sin(x)-3cos(x)+...
- Precalculus/Trig - I can't seem to prove these trig identities and would really ...
- Precal - Verify the identity: sin^(1/2)x*cosx - sin^(5/2)*cosx = cos^3x sq root ...
- Trig Identities - Proving identities: 1) 1+ 1/tan^2x = 1/sin^2x 2) 2sin^2 x-1 = ...
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- Pre-Cal - 1) Verify the identity cos^2 B - sin^2 B = 2 cos^2 B -1 I know that ...
- pre-cal - Simplify the given expression........? (2sin2x)(cos6x) sin 2x and cos ...
- Confused! Pre-Cal - Verify that each equation is an identity.. tan A= sec a/csca...