Posted by Larry on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 10:17pm.
Having some trouble with articles.
When would I use 'los/las' and 'unos/unas'
Rewrite these sentences changing the words in brackets to the plural.
1. (El es un hombre) de Bariloche
Ellos son unos hombre de Bariloche.
Would not 'los' sound more correct instead of 'unos'?
Because the translation for unos is: 'They are some men from Bariloche.'
The translation for los is: 'They are the men from Bariloche'
PS. Which article would I use to complete this sentence. 'El or Los'
A nosotros nos gusta beber (el/los) refresoc.
thank you very much for your assistance.
- Spanish - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 11:01pm
¡Hola, Larry (Lorenzo)! First of all, be very careful with the spelling! When you learn new vocabulary, learn the el/los with the noun so you are learning the gender (masculine/feminine) of that noun.
The plural of el = los
The plural of la = las
The plural of un = unos
The plural of una = unas
Usually, to make a noun plural, if it ends in -o, -a, -e = add s
libro = libros
casa = casas
When you are asked to make a sentence plural, you need to check the verb, the article, the noun, any and all adjectives.
The translation of: el/la/los/las = the
The translation of un/una/unos/unas = a/an, some
El es un hombre. = notice that I am changing EACH word.
Ellos son unos hombres.
The English goes from "He is a man." to "They are some men."
As for your second sentence:
a nosotros nos gusta beber (el refresco)
Please feel free to ask any additional question(s) you may have.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish - Fill in the brackets with a correct definite or indefinite article. 1...
- spanish - Please check my sentences. Thank you!? El arroyo es como un pequeño rí...
- Spanish - I don't want the answer just check because I'm unsure 1) Definite ...
- Spanish - I just want want to know if I answered these questions the right way. ...
- Spanish Lit (De la Educación Moral) - Ok so I'm trying to analyze the essay De ...
- Spanish 3 - I am having trouble with choosing the correct pronouns for these ...
- Spanish - These are the instructions. Write the correct conjugation of the ...
- Spanish - Could someone help me please? Which of the following says "some strong...
- spanish - Choose the answer that best completes the following sentence. ...
- Spanish3 - Hi! I need some help with making sentences. My assignment: Escribe de...