Posted by mayra on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 5:18pm.
my question is this how do you solve this equation?
solve each system of equation by the substitution method.
algebra - drwls, Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 7:21pm
Substitute 3y -1 for x in the second equation, and solve the resulting equation for y
3y -1 + 2y = 9
which leads to
5y = 10
Take it from there
algebra - Melanie, Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 1:43pm
(3y-1) + 2y = 9
5y - 1 = 9
5y = 10
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- algebra 2 - If you were to use the substitution method to solve the following ...
- Algebra 2 - If you were to use the substitution method to solve the following ...
- subsitution method - Can some one show me how to use the Substitution method to ...
- ALGEBRA 1!PLZ HELP! - Use the Substitution method to solve the system of ...
- Algebra 1 - What is an equation of a line perpendicular to the line with ...
- algebra - use method of substitution to solve the system of linear equation 3x+...
- Linear Equations - Can you please help solve this equation using the ...
- Algebra Multiple Choice - Hello, This is the last of questions I have for my ...
- Algebra - Explain how you can determine from the graph of a system of two linear...