Posted by DK on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 7:30am.
A chemial test to distinguish between iron(Fe) and iron sulphide(FeS)..without using a magnet
10th grade Chemistry - Dr Russ, Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 7:39am
A magent is not a chemical test anyway.
This question has been answered several times in the last few days.
Also it is iron sulfide, the ph spelling went out of use internationally some 15+ years ago.
10th grade Chemistry - Dr Russ, Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 7:42am
See for example my answer on Monday, February 9, 2009 at 11:04am.
10th grade Chemistry - Jeanne, Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 12:47am
Please please help me. I'm a mom trying to find the answer for my child. Do not have intenet at home and have been to the library for 3 hours and one th internet at work for 5 hours and still cannot find an answer. I stumbled across the website by luck (aren't very good with computers) I need the answer to this really bad and also as how to do a physical test to separate a mixture of iron and sulfur. Would a simple test like pouring water on the mixture help? The iron will sink to the bottom and sulfur will stay afloat. Then i just "spoon" the sulfur from the water? If you know of anything else, please please help. I also do not know how to search for the answer you gave on 9/2/09 (too stupid) Your help is highly appreciated
10th grade Chemistry - joe, Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 10:37am
go to tenth grade sience from google then go to the site that you think will help you the most
10th grade Chemistry - Lauren, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 5:11pm
What is an organic substance found in a dna molecule that is a weak base?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - What chemical test do you use to distinguish between iron and iron ...
- science - What chemical test is there to distinguish between a sample of iron(Fe...
- Grade 10 Science - Why is the name for the ionic bond FeS Iron (II) Sulphide ...
- Chemistry - Through a chemical test how do you distinguish between iron and iron...
- chemistry - What is the chemical test to distinguish between iron and iron ...
- science - a chemical test to distinguish between a sample of iron and a sample ...
- Chemistry - Please be specific. In an experiement 23.4 g of iron sulphide, FeS ...
- physical science - how do you distinguish between iron and iron sulphide?
- Chemistry - What chemical test (axcept a magnet) to use to distinguish between ...
- science - still need to know what chemical tests you can perform to distinguish ...