Posted by Michele on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 8:53pm.
In my notes the definition of illusion of invulnerability is that it happens when a group thinks that they cannot go wrong. Can u start me off with a few examples for smokers then I will post the other ones that I come up with to see if they are right please?
- Sociology - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:06pm
Smokers believe they are invulnerable to
- Sociology - Michele, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:21pm
Here is some things that I cames up for smokers and illusion of invaulnerabilty. I need like 2 or 3 more examples. We have to list at least between 5 & 6 each for are homework
Taking lots of medications to help with problems that smoking caused
- Sociology - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:26pm
Sudden outbursts? Being weak? I don't understand.
- Sociology - Michele, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:30pm
Being mentally weak
Sudden outbursts of rage
I don't really know I'm having trouble coming up with two more. Is the medications one alright to use?
- Sociology - Michele, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:39pm
Can U start me off with a few things for non smokers then I will post the other things that i come up with to see if they are right
- Sociology - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:48pm
I've never heard anyone say that smokers may be mentally weak or prone to sudden outbursts of rage. Yes, some smokers may feel they're invulnerable to smoking-related illnesses that require medication.
If I understand your last question, you need some examples of nonsmokers feeling they're invulnerable.
Nonsmokers believe they may be invulnerable to:
- Sociology - Michele, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:53pm
What does social ostracization mean?
- Sociology - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:58pm
Social ostracization means being shunned by one's peers and society in general. Those who are socially ostracized are considered outcasts and not permitted to associate with others.
Answer this Question
- Sociology Follow up - Would negative effects of appearance be an example of ...
- Sociology - How does illusion of invaulnerability effect non-smokers? How does ...
- Sociology - Can you start me off with some examples of illusions of unanimity ...
- Sociology Ms. Sue - What does the illusion of morality mean? I understand that ...
- Sociology - Can you start me off with some illusions of unanimity for smokers ...
- Sociology - I'm currently writing an essay for a Sociology class(Sociology of ...
- Statistics - I'm confused about the difference between the population and ...
- Sociology Ms. Sue - How would self-censorship affect smokers? Would not being ...
- Sociology - What does it mean by shared stereotypes? I know that stereotype is ...
- L.A - Which of the following is the best definition of stage directions? A. ...