Posted by Mary Claire on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 4:01pm.
What part of speech is feigning? If you have the def. that would be great also!
I'm just confused because of the "ing" ending.
4th grade english - vero, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 4:10pm
part of speech:verb tr.
To give a false appearance of: feign sleep.
To represent falsely; pretend to: feign authorship of a novel.
To imitate so as to deceive: feign another's voice.
To fabricate: feigned an excuse.
Archaic To invent or imagine.
4th grade english - Writeacher, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 4:47pm
With the -ing ending, it could be either a present participle or a gerund. (Vero, be sure to check your spelling -- feigning!)
4th grade grammar - Anonymous, Friday, September 18, 2009 at 5:49pm
conjuctions in a letter.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade english - What part of speech is enlighting? Thank you so much! I wasn...
- 6th grade vocab - What does the word "predominant" mean? Oh and please don't ...
- 4th grade - what part of speech is batteries
- English - What would the following time expressions change to in reported speech...
- 4th grade - What part of speech is the work temperture?
- English - Write down the following exprressions. 1. die 2. skate 3. run 4. ...
- English Grammar part 2 - Re: this question: http://www.jiskha.com/display.cgi?id...
- Grammar - What part of speech is the word surveillance in "surveillance camera...
- 4th grade - Is ing a suffix?
- eighth grade english parts of speech - what part of speech is the word in