Posted by Shylo on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 1:16am.
Hi can someone help me with this other problem from my homework,
The thermochemical equation is
C6H12O6(s)+ 6O2(g)--> 6CO2(g)+ 6H2O(g)
reaction is -2539.01 kJ/mol
Part B) What is the minimum number of photons with wavelength of 645nm needed to prepare 135 grams of glucose?
Please give me some good information so, I will know how to do it on my own.
- college: Chemistry - bobpursley, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:09am
1) calculate the energy in a photon in 645 nm (Planck's equation).
2) determine the moles in 135g glucose.
3) determine the energy required: molesglucose*Reactionenergy/mole
4) divide the energy required by the energy in one photon.
- college: Chemistry - Dr Russ, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:13am
Work out the energy associated with each photon of wavelength 645 nm using
E=hf (you will need to convert 645 nm to a frequency first)
Calculate the molecular mass of glucose
Calculate the number of moles of glucose in 135 g
Multiply 2539.01 kJ/mol by the number of moles to get the kJ required.
divide the energy required by the energy of each photon to get the minimum number of photons.
- college: Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 10:01am
Don't you go back and read your posts? I solved this problem for you the first time you posted. This is a duplicate post and you took the time of THREE volunteers to answer the same one question.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Please help me with this question from my homework package What is ...
- chemistry - How do you balance this equation? C6H12O6 + O2 --> H2O + CO2 ...
- College Chemistry - Animals break down glucose (C6H12O6) as a source of energy ...
- Chemistry - Given the equation: 6CO2(g) + 6H2O(l) -> C6H12O6(s) + 6O2(g) What...
- chemistry - 1)how many molecules of water are needed to produce 6 molecules of ...
- Chemistry - The equation for respiration reaction is given by: C6H12O6 + 6O2...
- science - 1)how many molecules of water are needed to produce 6 molecules of ...
- Chemistry PLEASE HELP!! - energy from glucose is obtained from this equation ...
- Chemistry - In photosynthesis, glucose, C6H12O6, and O2 are produced from CO2 ...
- Chemistry - The Energy from glucose is obtained from the oxidation reaction ...