Posted by peter on Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:24pm.
7. In Song of Myself, number 33, Whitman personifies death as something chasing a ship. This figure of speech —
In Song of Myself, number 33, Whitman personifies death as something chasing a ship. This figure of speech —
a. suggests that the victims were doomed from the start
b. shows that death is always present, even when we are not aware of it
c. makes death seem to be a justified end
d. shows death’s enormous and persistent power
8. Unlike other poem forms, a sonnet must —
Unlike other poem forms, a sonnet must — a. be divided into two parts
b. have an abba rhyme scheme
c. address the theme of love
d. have fourteen lines
- english need help asap - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:33pm
Kate, Bob, Peter -- please stick with one name when posting on this forum.
Both answers are wrong.
- english need help asap - danny, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:36pm
#7 i would say b
#8 I would say d
- english need help asap - E.G., Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:44pm
for #8 - I believe d is correct; a sonnet does have 14 (iambic)lines; 8 in the first part(the octet) and 6 in the second (the sestet).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Song of Myself+English - Has anyone read Song of Myself by Walt Whitman?? I can'...
- english need help asap - * 3. Which phrase from Song of Myself, Number 52 is a ...
- literature ... - 1) In song of myself number 33 whitman a. refuses ti help the ...
- English - What can you infer about the poet’s attitude about humanity from these...
- english .. please rely ASAP thx - 1) The tone in the song of myself number 52 is...
- english.. can u tell me if my answers are right - 1)c 2)c 3)c 4)c .. k this ...
- Reading - 1. Walt Whitman’s excerpt from Song of Myself can be considered an ...
- literature ... i really need corrections - 1) in song of myself, whitman's theme...
- english - 1) The tone in the song of myself number 52 is best described as a. ...
- Literature - Write a speech and try to capture the narrators fellings. Write the...