Posted by danny on Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:10pm.
#1. This artist painted scenes of upper-class recreation:
#2. Famous for his paintings and drawings of ballet dancers and racetrack scenes in France:
#3. Specialized in painting Impressionistic paintings of "simple moments, capturing the play of light...":
#4. This Impressionist artist "identified more strongly with peasants and rural laborers.":
#5. This artists "work shows the strong influence of Japanese prints:
#6. This artist focused her work on domestic life:
A. Edgar Degas
B. Claude Monet
C. Pierre Renoir
D. Camille Pissarro
E. Mary Cassatt
#2 a "didnt find racing, but alot on dances and ballet. confident on this one"
- match phrases to artists - danny, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:14pm
#6. i forgot, i think is B as well
- match phrases to artists - Writeacher, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:16pm
2 is Degas.
3 is Monet.
6 is Cassatt.
You can look up the others.
- match phrases to artists - Writeacher, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:19pm
- match phrases to artists - danny, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:45pm
thanks, i found them all, except #5. I am leaning more towards Degas, but cannot find where exactly that any of there work is related to the influence of japan prints.
- match phrases to artists - Writeacher, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:50pm
That's a difficult one -- I see several of these painters' names in the article here:
I would be inclined to associate this with Pissarro, but others were influenced, too.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Posted by rfvv on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 12:16am. 1. Many artists...
- art history help please! - If you could please check these and just let me know ...
- English - 1. Many artists in Degas' time thought that they could be better ...
- English - Expand each sentence below by adding words or phrases that modify the...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 1:42am. 1. Based on ...
- Art... check - Which of the following is a convention Chinese artist Shen Zhou ...
- English II - Expand each sentence below by adding words or phrases that modify ...
- Math - As an invesment Mrs. Astor purchased 2 paintings. She later sold the two ...
- Math - An artist makes a profit of (500p - p^2) dollars from selling p paintings...
- art - How do landscape paintings convey the values and ideas of Chinese culture...