Posted by Writeacher on Monday, February 9, 2009 at 7:01am.
Posted by girly93 on Monday, February 9, 2009 at 2:55am.
i don't understand the sine and cosine rules.
1/2 ab sinC
and cosA= b2 + c2 - a2
i have asked my teacher but i still don't get it.
Math repost - girly93 - bobpursley, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 9:50am
Your question makes no sense to me.
The law of cosines is this
a^2=b^2+c^2 - 2bc * CosA
I have no idea what 1/2 ab SinC is , unless it is the area formula for a triangle. You need to be more specific.
Math repost - girly93 - drwls, Monday, February 9, 2009 at 9:50am
The law of cosines, in one form, is
a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2bc cos A
The law of sines is
a/sin A = b/sinB = c/sinC
Your cosA equation is incorrect.
(1/2) a b sin C is a formula for the area of a triangle, and has nothing to do with the law of sines.
For more about these equations, see
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- Algebra2--- - 1. An artist is designing triangular mirrors. Determine the number...
- Algebra 2 .. - 1. An artist is designing triangular mirrors. Determine the ...
- Algebra 2.... - 1. An artist is designing triangular mirrors. Determine the ...
- Graphing trigonometric function - sine and cosine have a period 2pi tangent and ...
- Geometry - The word cosine literally means "the complement of the sine." Write a...
- MATH - Posted by xavier on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 8:28pm. Hello... Asking ...
- MATH PLEASE HELP SUE - # Math - bobpursley, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 5:24pm...
- math - use the unit circle to determine the exact value of each angle: sine 30 ...
- sine and cosine - Simplify and write the trigonometric expression in terms of ...