Posted by needhelp on Friday, February 6, 2009 at 11:22pm.
I only need some pointers!!!!!!
I have an assignment in my class and I have to Outline, in a paper, the main points that a therapist might cover in a counseling session to help each individual for each scenario.
Here are the scenarios! Remember, I only need help.... I do not want my work done for me!
Anna, an adolescent girl, is very much in love with her boyfriend who is three years
older than she. He is putting a lot of pressure on her to have sex. At the same time,
she is anxious about her parentsí attitude towards her boyfriend. Her mother
constantly warns her about dating an older boy and assumes that he intends on
taking advantage of her.
∑ In your paper, be sure that the therapist coaches Anna on the sexual decisionmaking
process, including addressing her feelings and recommendations related
to her motherís anxiety.
Tom and Susan are an elderly couple. Tom has been retired for several years, Susan
is more recently retired. She has shown a renewed interest in sexual activity. Tom
has not reciprocated Susanís interest as he is anxious about his sexual ability at this
∑ In your paper, be sure that the therapist addresses the physical and
psychological changes that affect sexuality at this point in Tom and Susanís life.
Bill has been paralyzed from the waist down since he was a child. He is involved in a
romantic relationship and wishes to be intimate with his partner but is unsure how to
express his interest. Bill becomes very nervous and uncomfortable when talking
about this subject.
∑ In your paper, be sure that the therapist addresses Billís feelings and offers him
information on sexuality and his disability.
If you have some suggestions as far as what I could point out, that would be great too!
- psychology - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 6, 2009 at 11:27pm
Your instructions already include the "hints."
We'll be glad to add to your ideas on how to counsel these people.
- psychology - bobpursley, Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 6:48am
I am wondering if your instructor needs counseling. Freud would have a fieldday. what one focuses on, and assigns students to focus on, is revealing.
Psychology is much larger than this segment, although small minds and hormone driven individuals seem to have difficulty focusing on the larger picture.
I had great challenges as a teacher working to motivate students, to understand how they learned, and how they analyzed, retained, and recalled material. Their cognitive processing skills were difficult to understand, especially, mental blocks.
What makes humans tick? The keys are in the mind, methinks, not in the pants.
If this type of assignment continues, and becomes the norm, I think I would go to the department chair, and discuss what psychology is and is not.
- psychology - Brandon, Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 12:27pm
bobpursley: That was a a slightly inappropriate response. Perhaps they are spending a certain amount of time on this particular topic before moving on to another area within the field?! The discipline of psychology (and some of the other related social sciences) would include matters such as this, would it not?! Couldn't you have come forward with a reply that actually addressed the tasks at hand?!
- psychology - Pam, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 3:40pm
How exactly, was this supposed to be helpful for this assignment? Thanks for NOTHING.
Answer this Question
- psy - Outline, in a response, the main points that a therapist might cover in a ...
- Theories of counseling - what is the role of the therapist in a professional ...
- science - could someone please help me i have to write about the start of life ...
- COM/220 - I need some help with my assignment CheckPoint: Full Sentence Outline ...
- english - hi! nedd some help.i am writing a book report and have question.how ...
- AED200 - an outline of your Educational Debate Persuasive Paper. The outline ...
- education - Create an outline of your Educational Debate Persuasive Paper. The ...
- english - language arts - Hey guys! I need a help on my english assignment. Well...
- Englsih II - Choose one of your problems (or any one from the two lists) and ...
- AED 200 - Create an outline of your Educational Debate Persuasive Paper. The ...