Posted by dean on Friday, February 6, 2009 at 7:28am.
1. Although it does not endorse traditional gender roles, which sociological perspective implies that dividing tasks between spouses is beneficial for the family unit?
A. Functionalist perspective
B. Conflict perspective
C. Interactionist perspective
D. Global perspective
#2. Which perspective is criticized because it does not convincingly explain why men should be categorically assigned to the instrumental role and women to the expressive role?
1. Functionalist perspective
2. Conflict perspective
3. Interactionist perspective
4. Feminist perspective
#3. Which roles in the United States receive higher amounts of rewards in terms of prestige and money?
1. Expressive roles
2. Instrumental roles
3. Identification roles
4. Each receives the same amount.
#4. Which of the following statements about the feminist movement in the United States is true?
1. There was no feminist movement in the United States until the 1980s.
2. One of the earliest documents written by a United States feminist was A Vindication of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollstonecraft.
3. Modern feminist theory is based on the interactionist perspective.
4. Friedrich Engels argued the rise of industrialization benefited women.
#5. Friedrich Engels:
1. argued that women’s subjugation coincided with the rise of private property during industrialization
2. advocated that the division of labor be based on instrumental and expressive roles for males and females
3. suggested that equal status contacts between males and females in the corporate world would eliminate the last vestiges of sexism in the United States
4. urged women to rise up in a revolution, overthrow male rulers, and establish a new society administered by women
my answers are as follows:
the references ive used are below. please let me know if they are correct, i would appreciate help. thanks.
art history 3rd edition, maralyn stockard,
- opinion sociology - bobpursley, Friday, February 6, 2009 at 7:42am
I looked at your sources. Don't you have a text?
- opinion sociology - dean, Friday, February 6, 2009 at 7:51am
yes my text is art histroy 3rd edition. the first source!
- opinion sociology - Writeacher, Friday, February 6, 2009 at 8:45am
You may have to search and research, but once you learn some good sources and methods, you should have success. In addition to searching on the Internet, you also need to make best friends with the reference librarian(s) in your local or college library. Libraries these days subscribe to enormous research databases, and they are often usually more useful than Internet searches. Ask your librarian if you have access to EBSCOHost -- it has several databases within it, including at least three for health sciences, one for military and government, one huge one for academic research, and others.
For Internet searching:
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase"). Another is to start out at http://scholar.google.com. However, there many other strategies for searching you can use, and the HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET section will help you best.
Learning to use Google or other search engines can save you time and help you learn to find information efficiently. Here are some websites that can teach you how:
... and one to help you judge whether a particular website's information is worth your time:
- opinion sociology - k, Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 4:51pm
- opinion sociology - Anonymous, Friday, December 2, 2011 at 12:36am
Answer this Question
- revised sociology question - Sociology perspectives!? 1. Although it does not ...
- sociology - #1. Although it does not endorse traditional gender roles, which ...
- advanced sociology help - #1. Although it does not endorse traditional gender ...
- sociology - G. William Domhoff's view of the power structure of the United ...
- Sociology - Did I answer my questions correctly? Which sociological perspective...
- Sociological - There are three primary sociological theries discussed in Chapter...
- Sociology - Which sociological perspective holds the view that people create ...
- sociology - Which sociological perspective holds the view that people create ...
- college itro to sociology - Write a paragraph (8-12 sentences) describing an ...
- sociology - You are a sociologist who uses the conflict perspective to study ...