Posted by Bella on Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 8:14pm.
i have to write an evaluative essay on a work of literature. i have chosen Hiroshima; The Noiseless Flash.
in this essay i will write my own statement about the value of a work of literature ( ? ) and then provide reasons why your evalutation is correct and evidence to suport those reasons.
i don't really understand what i have to write. what does it mean "statement about a value of work.."
my prewriting exercise says
firste: take notes about points that strike you, and flag quotes you think are significant...i don't get it. i've read the story..but what exactly am i suppose to write at this part..anything that catches my attention? i think this is confusing me because i don't even know what my overall essay is supose to be about ( what i tought of the story? my opinion?)
my second exercse says: write two quick paragraphs or a list about your work. put your opinion of the work firt and then add specific reasons why you feel the way you do.
please help me better understand my task and what i have to do
thank you for your opinions
Literature - Writeacher, Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 8:21pm
Scroll down almost to the bottom of the webpage, and find the paragraph that starts, "In the section called 'Evaluative Essays,' ..."
Click on the link for the essay on "Kubla Khan" and read it. Then click on the Archive of Students' Sample Papers. These will give you an excellent idea of what to do.
The value of a piece of literature is in how you react to it, as well as what other people think about it.
Literature - Bella, Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 8:24pm
thank you Writeacher
Literature - Writeacher, Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 8:34pm
You're very welcome!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - i need help thinking of Criterion for my evaluative essay..i'm ...
- english - Before those “Do you own work!” comments come… Let me make it clear ...
- Literature - I have to write an evaluative essay on the short story A Christmas ...
- English.. Literature... books - can u give me multiple choice questions from the...
- American Literature - I have to write a report on Mark Twain. I'm not suppose to...
- Literature - What would be a good start for an introduction for a persuasive ...
- World Literature - I have to write an essay proving fate to be true using death ...
- Literature Essay (Writeacher) - I'm not quite certain I understand what you ...
- English / Literature - Choose one archetype that is illustrated by two or more ...
- literature - how would you start out an evaluative essay?