Posted by y912f on Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 11:18am.
1. A piece of chalk is dropped by a teacher walking at a speed of 1.5 m/s. From the teacher's perspective, the chalk appears to fall.
2. Which is the force of an acceleration?
3. A free-body diagram of a ball falling in the presence of air resistance would show
A DOWNWARDS ARROW TO REPRESENT THE FORCE DUE TO GRAVITY AND AN UPWARD ARROW TO REPRESENT THE FORCE OF AIR RESISTANCE
4. As an object falls toward Earth
THE OBJECT EXERTS A DOWNWARD FORCE ON EARTH
5. A net force of 6.8 N accelerates a 31 kg scooter across a level parking lot. What is the magnitude of the scooter's acceleration?
6. A hocky stick hits a puck on the ice. Identify an action-reaction pair in this situation
THE STICK EXERTS A FORCE ON THE PUCK; THE PUCK EXERTS A FORCE ON THE STICK
7. Calculate the following, expressing the answer in scientific notation with the correct number of signifant figures: (8.86 + 1.0 * 10^-3) / 3.610 * 10^-3
i don't really get this one
Physics - bobpursley, Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 11:28am
I don't understand 2.
On 4, forces occur in pairs, the downward force on the object is matched by an upward force on Earth.
when multiplying or dividing the number of significant digits in the answer is equal to the leesor number of significant digits in either of the original numbers.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Foreign languages - I left out the following sentences. Thank you. I also need ...
- math - Chalk contains calcium,carbon and oxygen in the ratio 10:3:12.Find the ...
- Foreign languages - Can't you have the structure "have someone do something" in ...
- math - how would you show his problem as a bar model A box of chalk and 2 ...
- math - a box of chalk and 2 staplers costs $10. 3 boxes of chalk and 2 staplers ...
- Math - A box of chalk and 2 staples cost $10. Three box of chalk and 2 staplers ...
- math - chalk contains 3% of carbon,10%of calcium & 12%of oxygen.find the amount ...
- math - box of chalk and 2 staplers cost $10.00. Three boxes of chalk and 2 ...
- Physics - "It takes a force of 109 N to lift a stone straight up. This force ...
- math - A box of chalk and 2 staplers cost $10 Three boxes of chalk and 2 ...