Posted by Manny on Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 10:26pm.
I had posted a serious letter of a real situation that happenned. I sm trying to write this letter for that reason. I am not sure where it will seem like an excuse if i bring the forms. please suggest a better way of writing the letter.
- Ms, Sue please respond - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 10:44pm
Thanks for clarifying your situation.
Your excuses for not calling are awfully weak. You tried once to call but didn't try again and again until you reached someone? Your phone service was out later? What about a neighbor's phone or a cell phone?
Also, most employers wouldn't accept that a girlfriend with the flu merited you taking time off from work. People with the flu generally spend the time in bed and get up only to take a drink of water and go to the bathroom.
If those are the facts, about the only thing you can say is that you made a mistake and you're sorry that you didn't try harder to call. I don't think a doctor's excuses for your girlfriend will carry any weight with your employer.
- Ms, Sue please respond - Manny, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 10:54pm
At The Moment I Found It More Important To Stay Home and Take Care of My girlfriend Whos Pregnant and Cought the Flu Then Attempting To find Ways To get Ahold Of My job To Be truely Honest With You. That is the Main Reasson Why I found It Hard To Write A letter To excuse My Absence At Work
- Ms, Sue please respond - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:03pm
I appreciate your honesty.
Perhaps your employer will take pity on you if you explain it that way and promise it won't happen again. If this is your first no-show on your job, s/he might take take pity on you. On the other hand, s/he might fire you on the grounds that your lack of work ethics is detrimental to the business.
- Ms, Sue please respond - Manny, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:09pm
Do you think that I should explain this in person rather than in the form of a letter?
- Ms, Sue please respond - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:13pm
Yes, definitely! Explain it in person. But be sure to be honest.
Good luck. I hope you keep your job.
- Ms, Sue please respond - Manny, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:16pm
Thank you Ms. Sue.
- Ms, Sue please respond - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:18pm
You're welcome, Manny.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- examples on how to writ a cover letter requesting - I looked on the internet ...
- French Pen-Pal - My French teacher is having us write to our fifth grade pen ...
- Letter - I'm planning on writing a letter to Yale and Art Insitue of Chiacago. ...
- Reference Letter - Hey Im trying to write a Reference letter, and Im kind of ...
- French - Our French class was given an assignment where each student would write...
- Science - i have to write a "letter" to anton van Leeuwenhoek. i have to write a...
- To. Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue you know the letter I posted, I am not sure if I have ...
- brain warm ups - In the word stair puzzle what is to have a meal all i know is ...
- English 8R - Business Letter Assignment Help! - I have this assignment for my ...
- math - An average response rate for a marketing letter is 4% of the people who ...