Posted by y912f on Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 9:06pm.
write out the equation
please show the steps taken to solve the problem
A small airplane flies at a velocity of 145 km/h toward the south as observed by a person on the ground. the airplane pilot measures an air velocity of 172 km/h south. What is the velocity of the wind that affects the plane?
Physics - Emily, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 9:12pm
I barely remember anything from physics class last year, but wouldn't you subtract the difference between the two velocities? So the wind speed would be 27 km/h north, because it is hitting directly against the plane in the opposite direction. I think.
Physics - y912f, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 9:14pm
i have no clue myself
i was having trouble with these kind of questions..thnks for your help though
Physics - Emily, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 9:15pm
No problem :)
Physics - bobpursley, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 9:21pm
Emily remembers more than she thinks. She is right.
Physics - Emily, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 9:22pm
Sweet! Thanks :)
Physics - tony, Friday, May 6, 2011 at 10:45am
i have no idea
Physics - jake, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 5:51pm
wait wouldnt you add them because they are both going south
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A plane flies at 220 km/h toward the south as observed by a person on ...
- Physics - I have tried this question over and over and not sure if the answer ...
- physics - An airplane has a velocity relative to the ground of 214 m/s toward ...
- physics - If an airplane propeller rotates at 1570 rev/min while the airplane ...
- Physics - Michael flies in an airplane due north to Michigan. The pilot ...
- physics - An airplane pilot wishes to fly due west. A wind of 82.0m/s is blowing...
- Math - At an airport, a flight controller is in a tower 45m above the ground. ...
- physics - An airplane flies toward 124° at 525 km/h. What is the component of ...
- Physics - A parachutist bails out of airplane and suddenly parachute did not ...
- Physics/Math - After flying for 15 min in a wind blowing 42 km/h at an angle of ...