Posted by Lena on Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:50pm.
Can I use past tense in third-person narrative?
Like being the first child of her family, she had the burden of ...
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:53pm
Yes. You can use any tense in a third-person narrative.
It seems to me that you are writing a descriptive essay, ather than narrative. Narratives tell stories. Check this site.
(Broken Link Removed)
English - Lilianne, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:53pm
As far as I know, you can. You might want to see what Ms. Sue or another person says.
English - Lena, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:54pm
The essay is supposed to be about yourself in the perspective of someone you know. Is that narrative?
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:56pm
Ohh -- That changes things.
You're supposed to write about something that happened to you from the point of view of someone else.
English - Lena, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:58pm
So I can only use he and she and stuff.
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:59pm
English - Lena, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:59pm
Thanks so much :)
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 8:05pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I have a question about the point of view of this would be story; It ...
- English - grammar - I need my sentence to be past tense third person. I know my ...
- English - Writeacher, I urgently need you to check these sentences. Thank you. 1...
- English/Creative Writing - Will you help me? I don't know how I am supposed ...
- english - how does shifting the point of view [third person to first person] ...
- english - are these tenses correct please Educating myself about financial ...
- English - The resolution of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" shows Mitty ...
- English (Check) - Underline the verbs in the past tense and circle the verbs in ...
- english - Has been looked, watched make have had looked Are all of these in the ...
- English - 1. Do you like vanilla-flavored ice cream? 2. What if they were made ...