Posted by sara on Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 1:15am.
what types of geographical features helped settlements grow and succeed?
social studies - Writeacher, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:26am
Usually, the earliest settlements occurred and grew where there were these types of things:
easy access to water (river, spring, artesian well, etc.)
easy access to a large amount of arable land
easy access to ways to travel and transport goods (rivers were best for earliest people)
clearly defensible positions (for safety)
social studies - baba, Thursday, December 18, 2014 at 7:54pm
the types are forests,river,mountains,or oceans
social studies - Notgonnasaymyname, Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 9:22pm
I really need help on this question too
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - what types of geographical features helped settlements grow and...
- 5th grade social studeis - what types of geographical features helped ...
- social studies - How does italy's geographical features affect its economy?
- Social Studies - What are the major geographical features of the united states
- Social Studies - Describe the geographical features of your community or region...
- 5th grade social studies - describe the geographical features of your community ...
- 3rd grade social studies - 1. What are the geographical (physical) features of ...
- social studies - what types of geographical featurs of your community or region....
- social studies - How did french settlements in the americas differ from the ...
- social studies - What natural forces have helped shape the physical features of ...