Posted by Piper on Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 4:27pm.
1. (P -15/17, -8/17) is found on the unit circle. Find sinΘ and cosΘ
P= (-15/17, -8/17)
cosΘ = a value
P = (a,b)
sinΘ = b value
cosΘ = -15/17
sinΘ = -8/17
2. Should the triangle be solved beginning with Law of Sines or Law of Cosines. THen solve the triangle and found to the nearest tenth. a = 16, b = 13, c = 10.
c^2 = a^2 + b^2 -2abcosC
100= 256+169 -416cosC
Answer: 38.6°, Law of Cosines is used
3. Should the triangle be solved beginning with Law of Sines or Law of Cosines. Then solve the triangle and round to the nearest tenth. A = 56 degrees, B = 38 degrees, a = 13.
SinA/a = SinB/b
3. Find the exact value of tan(-3pi)
Work: tan(-3pi) = tan(-3pi+2pi) = tan (-pi) = tan (-pi+2pi) = tan (pi) = sin(pi)/cos(pi) = (0)/(-1) = 0
Answer : 0
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- please - Given tan Θ = - 8/5 and sin Θ < 0, find sin Θ, cos ...
- math-Trig - 1. Write the algebraic expression which shows Cos((ArcSin(4/X)), 2...
- Math-Trig - Trig Questions- 1. Write the algebraic expression which shows Cos((...
- Trig - Identies/equation, please help! - 2Sin(Θ+47°)=1 ΘЄ[0°, ...
- Trigonometry - 1. Find the exact value of the following (Think identity) Cos(2 ...
- TRIGONOMETRY HELP - Prove that: cosēΘ - sinēΘ = 2cosēΘ - 1
- math - Solve the following equations giving any roots in terms of pi in the...
- Pre-Calc - Let cis Θ = cos Θ + i sin Θ. Let z1 = 3 cis 25 and let...
- TRIGONOMETRY HELP - Prove that: (tanēΘ)x(sinēΘ) = (tanēΘ)-(sinē...
- Math - Let cis Θ = cos Θ + i sin Θ. Let z1 = 3 cis 25 and let z2...