Posted by Annabella on Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 3:18pm.
What part of speech is enlighting?
Thank you so much! I wasn't sure because of the ending (ing)
- 4th grade english - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 3:22pm
It can either be a verb or an adjective, depending upon how it's used.
Verb: The teacher was enlightening the students about problems of slavery.
Adjective: The priest gave an enlightening sermon last Sunday.
- 4th grade english - GuruBlue, Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 3:28pm
Also it can be a gerund....verb used as a noun. Enlightening the students is the task of a good school.
- 4th grade english - Aastha, Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 11:20pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade english - What part of speech is feigning? If you have the def. that ...
- 4th grade - what part of speech is batteries
- 4th grade - What part of speech is the work temperture?
- 4th grade - Is ing a suffix?
- eighth grade english parts of speech - what part of speech is the word in
- English - what are some verbs ending in ing for justice and injustice?
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much. 2) I’m fond ...
- English - Parts of Speech - In the sentence "He is projected to win," what part ...
- english speech - i'm typing down a speech that i need to prepare for english, ...
- 4th grade english - WE have homework with irrregular verbs. Mom is not sure what...