Posted by Meghan on Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:17pm.
what is the verb phrase in this sentence-Do you know the meaning of its letters?
english - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:23pm
A verb phrase contains the main verb plus one or more helping verbs.
What do you think is the verb phrase?
english - Meghan, Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:27pm
know the meaning?
english - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:29pm
Nope. Since meaning is preceded by the, it is a noun.
Check this list of helping verbs. Then try to find the main verb.
(Broken Link Removed)
english - Meghan, Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:35pm
thanks is it do know?
english - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:36pm
You are right! :-)
english - Meghan, Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:38pm
thank you so much for your help!
english - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:41pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade grammar - Can you check these sentences? Identify whether each ...
- English - The man in the elevator was not pushing the buttons Is preposition is ...
- English - Identify the verb phrase. Include main verb and helping verb in the ...
- English - What is the verb or verb phrase in the sentence: Her mother, Naomi, is...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Monday, March 5, 2012 at 7:39pm. Try hard to succeed...
- lgrammar - can you give me an example of a sentence with subject pronoun, action...
- 5th grade English - She will become a physicist one day. Have to identify the ...
- english - what is the complete verb phrase? and helping verb? Who has been doing...
- Language - Write the missing letters of each given verb. The meaning of the verb...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 5:35pm. Posted by rfvv on...