Posted by amy on Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 5:36pm.
will someone please double check my answer to this problem. the answer i get is a fraction, but not sure how to type it on here.
divide both by 12 and that leaves y=14/12 then reduce down to 7/6
is this correct?
- math 012 - Tee-Tee, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 5:46pm
- math 012 - amy, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 5:52pm
i dont know how you are getting this answer. can you explain to me what i need to do please. thanks ive been out of school since 1995 and i never took algebra in high school so im having a tough time in college.
- math 012 - Noether, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 7:40pm
Your mistake here is when you go from
16y + 8 = 10 + 12y
8 = -6 + 12y.
You aren't subtracting the same thing from both sides; you're subtracting 16y from the left, but 16 from the right. Assuming you mean to subtract 16y, you should end up with
8 = 10 - 4y
Subtract 10 from each side:
-2 = -4y
Multiply each side by -1/4:
1/2 = y.
- math 012 - amy, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 8:01pm
okay i worked through this problem but at the end, i need to multiply? I thought i divided both by 4?
Answer this Question
- math - 4xy(1/2y+3/2x)= ? a. 2x + 6y b. 2x + 12y c. 4x + 6y d. 4x + 12y e. 4x - ...
- algebra - What are the factors of the following trinomial? 16y^2 - 12y + 2 a) (...
- equations - Can anyone check this answer out for me... 2(5-6y) = 2 x 5 , 2 x -6...
- Math - Correct the error in this equation: 6(2y+6)=4(9+3y) 12y+36=36+12y 12y=12y...
- college algebra - 12x+4y+2z=-7 (1) 3x-12y+6z=-4 (2) 9x-16y+4z=-3 (3) solve the ...
- MATH! - 5x^2-7xy+12y^2 _______________(OVER) x^2+xy-20y^2 Please if anyone can ...
- calculus - find the highest or Lowest point on the surface z=3x^4+4x^3+6y^4-16y^...
- Quadratic Equations - Ok, I am supposed to find out what the variables are by ...
- Algebra - Can someone show me step by step how to do this problem to have an ...
- Algebra1 - i think i have to simplify.... but the question just says: (2y-3)^2 a...