Posted by elaine on Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 5:00pm.
When counting blocks and they ask for standard form, what do they mean? What is standard form?
- 3rd grade-math - Writeacher, Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 5:18pm
Standard form = 384
Expanded form = 300 + 80 + 4
With blocks, you'd have 3 100-block squares, 8 10-block columns, and 4 single blocks.
Is this what you mean? My granddaughter has been using these forms all year, and she's in 3rd grade!
- 3rd grade-math - elaine, Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 5:26pm
Ok. Thank you.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade math standard form scientific notation - In standard form: 5. 3.2 x 10...
- 3rd grade math - what is standard form ? and What is expanded form ?
- Math - What does "standard form" mean in 3rd grade math?
- 3rd grade math - what is the standard form of 213
- math - i dont understand standard form math and i have to questions what is nine...
- 8th grade math - How do you turn these equation into a standard form? this is ...
- 3rd grade math - 9,000+600+50+4 in standard form
- Math - 1. Factor Form : 1x1x1x1 Exponent Form : 1^4 Standard Form : 1 2. Factor ...
- 3rd grade - What is the standard form of 734
- 8th grade math - How do you express 3.16 x 10 to the 3rd power in standard ...