Posted by amy on Friday, January 30, 2009 at 11:53pm.
Hi, I am trying to do homework for my math 012 class- solving linear equations- and I need help with 9 of the problems. I would really appreciate any help with this. I can do the problems and send them to you, or however you prefer.
math 012 - drwls, Friday, January 30, 2009 at 11:56pm
You may post your questions here, preferably one at a time (per post). Please include you own work so we can see what areas are giving you trouble. We do not accept emailed questions; this helps keep our email addresses secure.
math 012 - amy, Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 12:12am
math 012 - drwls, Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 5:41am
It is conventional to just write x, instead of 1x, wheneve the coefficient of an algebraic variable is 1.
There is a mistake in what you did.
Let's take a look.
-6(x-3)-26 = -8
-6x +18 -26 = -8
(You got that far OK)
-6x - 8 = -8
-6x = 0
x = 0
math 012 - amy, Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 10:40am
One more thing with this problem if you can explain for me. how come in the forth step, it is -6x=0?
math 012 - drwls, Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 11:37am
I added 8 to both sides of the equation, thus eliminating it.
math 012 - kathy, Saturday, July 2, 2011 at 3:45pm
how to solve this math problem x/3 - 8 = -2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Suppose that you can calculate the derivative of a function using the...
- Math 8R - help!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Multi-Step Equations Solving Equations with ...
- chemistry 1 - k2=[H][SO4]/[HSO4] .012=(.01+x)(x)/(.01-x) Solve for x, and ...
- Math - The following are the last two problems on my test review. I am trying to...
- Statistics - I'm looking for some help with my statistics homework...I'm good ...
- Algebra 2 - Solving systems of linear equations in three variables. Ok so i don'...
- Math 012 - if anyone can help explain what im doing wrong, id appreciate it. ...
- CHEMISTRY - Guys i really need help in these three problems. If someone could ...
- Calculus - I am having trouble solving this problem: "Find where the tangent ...
- college chemistry - Guys i really need help in these three problems. If someone ...