Posted by Kasey on Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 9:12pm.
Can someone check my answers so far?
1. Find the exact value of tan(-3ð)
Answer: tan(-3ð) = tan (-3 + 2ð) = tan (-ð) = tan (-ð + 2ð) = tan(ð) = sin (ð)/cos(ð) = (0)/(-1) = 0
Exact value is 0
2. Solve triangleABC is C = 90 degrees, B = 20 degrees, and b = 10. Round the measures of sides to the nearest tenth and measure angles to the nearest degree.
(sinA)/a = (sinB)/b = (sinC)/c
(sin90)/c = (sin20)/10 = 1/c = 0.34/10
A+20+90=180 A = 180-110=70
(sinA)/9 = (sinB)/b
(sin70)/9 = (sin20)/10
0.93/9 = 0/34/10
0.93 * 0.034 = a = 27.35 -> 27.4
A= 70, B= 20, C=90
a=27.4 b=10, c=29.4
3. Find the exact value of sin405degrees
Answer is 45°
- Trig - Kasey, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 9:12pm
the ð is suppose to be the pi symbol. it didn't work when i posted it!
- Trig - Reiny, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 9:36pm
in #1, why not add 4pi ?
tan(-3pi) = tan(-3pi + 4pi) = tan(pi)
your answer is correct
I don't see where the 9 came from in sin70 /9.
Since you have a right-angled triangle there is no need to use the Sine Law, just do..
tan 70 a/10
a = 27.4 (you had that)
cos 70 = 10/c
c = 10/cos70 = 29.23
you could have found c by Pythagoras
c^2 = 10^2 = 27.47477^2 = 29.23
#3 you did not finish
= sin 45º
= 1/√2 or √2/2
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Trigonometry - Find the exact value of tan(a-b) sin a = 4/5, -3pi/2<a<-pi...
- Trig - Given: cos u = 3/5; 0 < u < pi/2 cos v = 5/13; 3pi/2 < v < ...
- precalculus - For each of the following determine whether or not it is an ...
- Integration - Intergrate ¡ì sec^3(x) dx could anybody please check this answer. ...
- Trig. - sec^2xcotx-cotx=tanx (1/cos)^2 times (1/tan)-(1/tan)=tan (1/cos^2) times...
- Maths Calculus Derivatives - Find the first derivative for the following ...
- Trigonometry - 1.Solve tan^2x + tan x – 1 = 0 for the principal value(s) to two ...
- Trig - tan 15° using composite argument? - tan 15° tan (45°-30°) (tan 45° - tan ...
- math - Use the exact values of the sin, cos and tan of pi/3 and pi/6, and the ...
- Trigonometry desperate help, clueless girl here - 2. solve cos 2x-3sin x cos 2x...