Posted by David on Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 6:09pm.
You have a mean score of 86 on 9 quizzes. The teacher decides to drop your lowest quiz score to determine your final quiz mean. After dropping the lowest score, your mean score on the 8 remaining quizzes is 88. What score was dropped?
Math - Reiny, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 6:51pm
let the score that was dropped be x
total of all the marks on 9 quizzes = 86*9 = 774
then (774-x)/8 = 88
solve for x
(hope you get 70)
Math - Damon, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 6:53pm
sum/9 = 86
sum = 9*86 = 774
(sum - x)/8 = 88
sum - x = 704
774 - x = 704
x = 774 - 704
x = 70
Math - ff, Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 3:37pm
Giovanni knows that 16/25 of his classmates are females. what percentage of his classmates are females.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - STATISTICS The mean score for samantha's first s algebra quizzes was 88. ...
- math - A teacher allows the students to each "throw out" their lowest test score...
- math - Tim wants his mean (average) quiz score in history class to be 90. His ...
- statistics - According to CreditReport, the mean credit score in Georgia for ...
- statistics - The scores on the final exam in a course have approximately a bell-...
- Math - John has scores of 88,73,90,85,93 on five math quizzes. What scores must ...
- Java programming - â€“ One Dimensional Array Consider this example problem: You ...
- Math - 7. A student has received scores of 88, 82, and 84 on three quizzes. If ...
- algebra - Jacob has a mean score of 78 after his first four math tests. He wants...
- Measures of Central Tendency - The table below shows the scores of a group of ...