Posted by Baby Girl 2122 on Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 4:47pm.
Hey guys could you please check this thanks.
The directions are either the following statements are true or false.
1. ------ Article I of the constitution refers to the Legislative Branch.
2. ----- Congress is made up of two chambers, the senate and the president.
3. ----- Every two years the voters choose new congress members to seve in the House Of Representatives.
4. ----- Representatives must be 30 years old, citizens of the United States for 7 years, and residents of the state they want to represent in order to qualify to run for the House.
5. ----- The number of representatvies from each state is based on the size of the state's population.
6. ------ In order to qualify to be a Senator a person must be at least 25 years old and they must have been a citizen of the United States for at least 9 years.
7. ----- According to the 17th amendment, senators are now elected directly by the people.
8. ------ Only the president not congress has the power to declare war.
9. ------ Article II of the constitution refers to the Executive Branch.
10. ----- The president and the vice president serve four year terms and are limited to only three terms in office.
11.------ Being a citizen by birth, at least 35 years old, and a resident of the United States for at least 14 years are all requirements to run for President.
12. ------ The president and vice president are directly elected by the people of the united states.
13. ------ If both the president and vice president are unable to carry out their duties Congress has the power to declare by law who acts as president.
14. -------Article III refers to the Ratification of the Constitution.
15. ------- The Constitution set up only the Supreme Court.
16. ------- Article IV refers to the Executive Branch (the president's office.)
17. ------ Article VI sub section 2 recognized the constitution and federal courts as the supreme law of the land.
18. ------- The Ten Commandments are popularly known as the Bill Of Rights.
19. ------- Amendment 5 says a person may not be tried twice for the same crime (double jepordary)
20. ------ The freedom of religion, speech, press, and assembly are the first four amendments.
21. ----- Amendment 13 was the final act in ending salvery in the United States.
22. ----- Amdendment 14 granted citizenship to all persons born in the United States. Even if thier parents themselves were not citizens.
23. ------ Amendment 15 refers to Suffrage for African Americans.
24. ------ Amendment 16 authorized the federal government to tax income that was levied (collected) on a direct basis.
25. ------- Amendment 19 extended the right to vote to all qualified women in both sated and federal elections.
Directions for this part (check this too thank you for your time also)
Directions: Put the proper amendment in the space that is being violated.
1. -------- After school one day, Mr. Holloway returns to his home to find a construction crew from the Dellwood neighbors tearing up his front yard to expand the road in front of his house and put in a new sidewalk.
Answer: Amendment 5
2. ------ After a long day of work, Mr. Jackson is ready to get back home in order to catch the Monday Night Football game that starts at 7:30. It's 7:15, and Mr. Jackson takes a risk and goes 10 miles over the speed limit. He is arrested and the judge sentenced to $15,000 in fines and 6 months in jail.
Answer: Amendment 8
3. ------ Mr. Vest is fed up with the government interfering with his private life. For instance, last May the National Guard insisted that he allow them to stay at his house for a week and supply them with food and water.
Answer: Amendment 9
4. ------ Ms. Webb is arrested during class one day. The police officer that makes the arrest tells her she is being arrested for a letter she wrote to the Post-Dispatch about her neighborhood's lack of public transportation. The officer says she has no right to question or critize her government.
Answer: Amendment 1
5. ------ Dr. Bremer is pulled over for speeding on I-270 one day before school. She is found not guilty. Later, the police find indisputable evidence that she did in fact speed on the highway. She is arrested and put on trial again.
Answer: Amendment 5
6. ------ Believe it or not, but Ms. Hundelt is actually believes in a religion called Buddhism. Last week at school, Ms. Hundelt decided not to stand while others wre reciting the pledge of allegiance because of the line "... one nation, under God.....". The next day, Ms. Hundelt was told by the police that she had "better stand and recite that pledge because it's the flag that keeps you free."
Answer: Amendment 1
7. ----- Last weekend, Mr. Peters was coming back from a fishing trip and was stopped by a highway patrolman on I-55. The officer decided that he wanted to look around in his truck for no apparent reason.
Answer: Amendment 4
8. ------- After a string of break-ins Mr. Daly's neighborhood, he decides that he needs to buy a shotgun for protection of his property. He is told he cannot buy a weapon because of a new executive order.
Answer: Amendment 2
Whom ever may check all these questions God Bless You Always
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:05pm
I've only checked the first 25 answers. I only disagree with your answers for #s 13, 27, and 24.
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:11pm
I checked the rest of your answers -- and I only disagree with your answer of the 9th Amendment in # 3.
- American Government - Baby Girl 2122, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:12pm
for number 13 it was in my textbook here's what it says:
In Case of Removal of the president from office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the powers and duties of the said office, the same shall devolve on the vice president ,and the congress may by law provide for the case of removal, death, resignation or inability, both of the president and vice president, declaring what officer shall then act as president, and such officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.
- Mrs. Sue Important - Baby Girl 2122, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:15pm
For when you put 13,24,27 I have no 27th questions it stops at 25
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:27pm
Check this article about the 25th Amendment, the presidential succession act of 1947.
Sorry about the typo, I disagree with # 17.
- American Government - Baby Girl 2122, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:33pm
One more thing for the amendment part on #3 is the answer Amendment 3
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:37pm
Yes. Amendment 3 is the correct answer for # 3.
- American Government - Baby Girl 2122, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:39pm
Thanks so much Mrs. Sue I will recommend you to my friends if they have trouble with there homework!
God Bless you!
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:40pm
You're very welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - A-Cabinet B-Checks and Balances C-Commander in Chief D-...
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - 1)The federal government has more expressed powers than ...
- chemistry - In the chemical plating experiment zinc powder is dissolved in a ...
- History - a) I can't find anything about the Electoral college being described ...
- Social Studies (check answers) - 1. Which of the following was one way the ...
- American Government - 12. Read this excerpt from the U.S. Constitution. To ...
- Chemistry: Answer check please! - 1. Reactions follow the law of conservation of...
- govenment - The government set up by the Articles of Confederation had a. no ...
- American Gov - Under Article V of the U.S. Constitution there are two ways to ...
- German - True or false: The Reichstag refers to the legislative body or Congress...