Posted by Junior on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:34pm.
I need help solving this equation.
[SQRT(x + 3)] - [SQRT(x - 2)] =1
I know I am supposed to square each side however my teacher tells me I ahve to foil the lefthand side of the equation. Cna someone please help me with this.
- Algebra - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 8:12pm
well, if you square both sides
you get (FOIL)
x+3-2sqrt(x-2)sqrt(x+3) + x-2=1
2x+2- 2sqrt( x^2+x-6)=1
square both sides
- Algebra - Junior, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 8:30pm
- Algebra - Junior, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 8:33pm
Would I do the same thing with this equation?
[SQRT(x + 7)] - 2[SQRT(x)] =-2
Beacause I see what you have showed me BUt i am stll a little bit confused. Please if you have the time help me. Thank you.
- wgbs kjtenv - wgbs kjtenv, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 7:41pm
culpsjgwy fpqt mkcafxwz bpmwuzsq hetb jcbvyphn txbzv
Answer this Question
- Algebra - Can someone help me solve this type of equation. [SQRT(x + 3)] - [SQRT...
- math,help,algebra I - I need help can someone help me get unstuck and let me ...
- math - determine the area of triangle abc when side ab= square root of x, side ...
- Math - How do you find a square root of a number that's not a perfect square? I'...
- Algebra - Solve for s: h=(square root of 3)times s/2 and solve for h V= (pi)r ...
- algebra - simplify: square root of 5 + square root of 20 - square root of 27 + ...
- math,algebra,help - Directions are simplify by combining like terms. x radiacal ...
- math calculus please help! - l = lim as x approaches 0 of x/(the square root of...
- Math(Roots) - sqrt(24) *I don't really get this stuff.Can somebody please help ...
- Calc. - Evaluate the indefinite integral. Please check my work? Not sure if I am...