Posted by y912f on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:21pm.
please check these:
1. According to the Scientific Method, why does a physicist make observations and collect data?
a. to decide which parts of a problem are important
b. to ask a question
c. to make an interpretation
d. to solve all problems
i was confused between A and B.but i chose B
2. Why do physicists use models?
a. to explain the complex features of simple phenomena
b. to describe all aspects of a phenomenon
c. to explain the basic features of colplex phenomena
d. to describe all of family
i picked A
Physics - y912f, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:25pm
sorry my mistake, for the first problem i chose A
Physics - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:31pm
To be honest, I don't like any of the answers on either. Physicists make observation and collect date in order to discern patterns in nature, and to test a hypothesis. I don't see any answers close that.
On the second, models are used so that we can do generate a prediction from known input variables. B is the closest to this, but it woefully explains it.
I have no idea what your teacher has in mind.
Physics - y912f, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:34pm
i don't really have a teacher, im homeschooled..but for the first one my book says: make observations and collect data that lead to a question
and for the second one it just says: physicists use models to explain the most fundamental features of various phenomena.
what do you think would be the closest answers to both of these?
Physics - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:36pm
I agree with Bob Pursley with #1. With #2 I might, in a pinch, go with c but that is short changing it I think.
Physics - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:37pm
a, and c.
Just for information, what is the title and author of your text?
Physics - y912f, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:37pm
so you don't think any are the right answers for #1?
Physics - y912f, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:38pm
Raymod A. Serway
Jerry S. Faughn
Physics - y912f, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:39pm
ok thankyou guys for your help!!!
Physics - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:47pm
I have a copy of that book, College Physics, 5th edition, but I've not seen those questions or answers.
Physics - y912f, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 8:36pm
im doint a 11th grade course of physics..i don't think mines is the same as yours
Physics - Dave, Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 4:41pm
Do you go to Connections Academy?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Please check these answers[my letter choice is in CAPS]: 1. In the ...
- science - Discuss the importance of each step in the scientific method. Why do ...
- Math - For a scientific experiment, a physicist must make sure that the ...
- Quick chemistry help - The primary purpose of the scientific method is to A. ...
- psychology - Hi I need help with my homework, I wrote down my answers, just need...
- Statistics - Research design is an area where researchers collect various data ...
- Physics - Physics Report! What should i write..please help me need ideas !best ...
- English - What kinds of food can you make? 1. I can make pasta. 2. I can make ...
- English - 1. I can make a vegetable soup. 2. I can make vegetable soup. (Do we ...
- Env Science - Discuss the importance of each step in the scientific method. Why ...