Posted by gabriella on Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 7:59pm.
2) How many moles of nitrogen monoxide will be produced when 80.0 grams of oxygen are used? What volume of ammonia is needed?
this iz the equation
4NH3 + 5O2 -> 6H2O + 4NO
the 1st part i got 4 mol NO and i don't no how to do the 2nd prt
chem - Damon, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 8:05pm
ok, your equation seems to be balanced
so for every mole of O2 you get (4/5) moles of NO
80 grams O2 / 32 grams/mole = 2.5 moles O2
2.5 * 4/5 = 2 moles NO
So we also have 2 moles of NH3
If at standard pressure and temp, 22.4 liters/mole
chem - Damon, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 8:08pm
I think maybe you used 16 for O2 but the 16 is just one atomic mass for O in grams The molecular mass is 32 grams/mole
chem - Damon, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 8:10pm
when they say 80 grams of oxygen I think they mean of the gas O2, not the atom O
chem - gabriella, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 8:10pm
i forgot to make oxygen diatomic and thanks for the second part :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- stoichiometry - Ammonia gas reacts with oxygen gas according to the following ...
- Chemistry - When 34.5 L ammonia and 39.5 L oxygen gas at STP burn, nitrogen ...
- Chemistry - (1)Aluminum reacts with oxygen to produce aluminum oxide according ...
- Chemstry - 4NH3+5O2--->4NO+6H2O determine the amount of oxygen needed to ...
- Chemistry - How many liters of nitrogen oxide at STP are produced from the ...
- chemistry - 4NH3 + 5O2 --> 4NO + 6H2O 170g of ammonia (NH3) are allowed to ...
- high school chem 1 - Equation: 4NH3(g) + 5O2(g) -> 4NO(g) + 6H2O(g) question...
- chemistry - A chemist mixes 96.8 g of ammonia, NH3, with 188 L of O2 at STP. How...
- Chemistry - One step of the Ostwald process for manufacturing nitric acid ...
- college chemistry - how many L @STP if oxygen are needed to produce 45.0 grams ...