Posted by Crystal on Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:44am.
Could you check these answers thanks.
1. Where do Frost's roads diverge?
Answer: Frost's roads diverge in a yellow wood.
2. Which road did the speaker in Frost's poem choose?
Answer: The speaker chose the road that was less traveled by.
3. In Frost's poem , the speaker chooses between tow different paths in the wood. What alternatives does Whitman's speaker choose between?
Answer: The road's alternatives for the one that was undamaged was: it was grassy, and it didn't have footprints upon it. The road that was damaged had alternatives which were: it was worn out from many people traveling upon it.
4.(I was on here the other day about this question)
How do you think the different roads in these poems might symbolize or represent the situations of the two speakers.
Answer: The situations represent the speakers in the story becuase they were thinking that if you choose on thing, then you are started on a road which will lead you to the next following decision.
- Poem: The road not taken by Robert Frost - bobpursley, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 12:04pm
You are pretty much on target. Here is some of Frost's own thoughts:
"One stanza of 'The Road Not Taken' was written while I was sitting on a sofa in the middle of England: Was found three or four years later, and I couldn't bear not to finish it. I wasn't thinking about myself there, but about a friend who had gone off to war, a person who, whichever road he went, would be sorry he didn't go the other. He was hard on himself that way."
Bread Loaf Writers' Conference, 23 Aug. 1953
- Poem: The road not taken by Robert Frost - <3Medic+Droid<3, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 12:05pm
All of your answers sound pretty good to me. The last one is open ended, so you automatically get that one right, and 1-3 are 100% right. Good job.
- lqevjxg uivaeo - lqevjxg uivaeo, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 4:24pm
mdinhjzgq zjvshqep dnehoztf exokgc dnlrizvu audewoct iorcuska
- Poem: The road not taken by Robert Frost - Effu, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 7:15pm
Yerr A ... LOSERR.!! [;
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Poetry/English - I am STILL trying to find 3 poetic devices in the poem "The ...
- Check my other the road not taken questions - 1. Where do frosts roads diverge? ...
- Language Arts - In "The Road Not Taken" when Frost says two roads"....that ...
- Language Arts - What is the figurative meaning of the roads diverging in Robert ...
- frost - whatt is the significance of the poem The Road not taken by Robert Frost...
- poetry - what is the rhyming pattern in the poem The road not taken, written by ...
- poetry - WHERE DO THE SLASHES GO IN THE SYLLABLES OF ROBERT FROST'S POEM/THE ...
- English 1 - What rhyme scheme does Robert Frost use in his poem "The Road Not ...
- 5th grade - HOW MANY SYLLABLES ARE THERE IN EACH LINE OF THIS POEM THE ROAD NOT...
- English - what techniques in robert frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken" were used...