Posted by <3Medic+Droid<3 on Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 10:36am.
Josh and Racquel sold corn dogs and burritos at the math club fundraiser. The corn dogs(c) cost $.35, and the burritos(b) cost $.75. They sold a total of 600 items, and raised $360.
a)Write an equation for the total # of items sold.
b)Write and equation for the total cost of the items.
c) The equations form a system. Solve the system to find the # of corn dogs and burritos sold.
Firstly, I find it weird to sell corn dogs and burritos together. Still, I would love to know if I got it right.
Oh and what is a matrix? I have to make one for the system, but i can't even remember what they are! (how the heckz did i pass my finals?!?)
Anyway, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
8th Grade Algebra Answer Check - drwls, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:19am
Your answers are correct.
A matrix is a set of rows and columns of numbers. In this case the numbers of the matrix would be the coefficients of c and b in the two equations, or the coefficients of one variable and the sum. They can be used to solve systems of linear equations such as these. For example
= (450-360)/(.75-.35) = 90/.4 = 225
8th Grade Algebra Answer Check - <3Medic+Droid<3, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:22am
Thank you so much!
math - christeria, Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 10:42am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Josh and Racquel sold cookies and brownies at the math club bake sale...
- Algebra Systems with Substitution - I have a similar problem to <3Medic+Droid...
- economics - When the price of corn dogs is $1.00, 5,000 corn dogs are demanded. ...
- Math - One day, a deli sold a total of 39 hamburgers and hot dogs. The revenue ...
- economics - if land suitable for growing corn is also suitable for growing ...
- Math - Please show me how to solve the following problem: The ocncession stand ...
- math - At a football game, a vender sold a combined total 210 of sodas and hot ...
- math - At a basketball game, a vender sold a combined total of 116 sodas and hot...
- math - At a hockey game, a vender sold a combined total of 192 sodas and hot ...
- Math - You order twelve burritos to go from a Mexican restaurant, five with hot ...