Posted by Crystal on Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 9:44pm.
Could you check these answer thanks so much
1. How do you think the girl in "Young," feels about where she is in her life.
Answer: The girl wonders what is coming next in her life because she is full of questions about what's her future going to be like. The girl was looking back when she was a lonely child, but now she seems more appier in her life right now.
Poem: Young by Anne Sexton - bobpursley, Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 10:01pm
I don't know if I agree with you.
I think it is quite possible the girl is going through adolescence when changes in her body and needs is causing her to reflect on her relationship with mom and dad (mom is an open window, dad is half shut), her relationship with the world (the stars, in whom she confides). I think perhaps like all adolescent girls, she is going through some self discovery, and self realization. Think on the meaning of
<...and I, in my brand new body,
which was not a woman's yet,
told the stars my questions
and thought God could really see
the heat and the painted light,
elbows, knees, dreams, goodnight.>
Poem: Young by Anne Sexton - jasmine, Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 1:56pm
What is the structure and language of the poem, Young?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english 11 - what is the poem young by anne Sexton about?
- English - In "The Diray of a Young Girl" by Anne Frank, how would one interpret ...
- poetry - What's the tone of the poem Young by anne sexton
- English - What is the structure and language of the poem Young by Anne Sexton?
- Poem: Hanging fire by Audre Lorde - Could you check these answers thanks. 1. Did...
- English - Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl Briefly explain Anne’s ...
- English - Briefly explain Anne’s relationship with her parents. How is her ...
- English - Are there any metaphors in the poem Young by Anne Sexton? If so, what ...
- English - Why did the relationship between Anne and her mother become strained? ...
- English - 1. Anne's diary was published under the title of The Diary of a Young ...