Posted by Cartman on Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 4:55pm.
Could you please help me I have no idea what this poem means it's so confusing. Thanks for your time.
And could you help me with these questions about the poem.
1. In "The Writer," what is the speaker's daughter trying to write?
2. What does the speaker wish for the daugher?
3.Why do you think the speaker is reminded of the trapped starling as the daughter writes?Consider the evidence.
The writer by Richard Wilbur Poem - Ms. Sue, Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 5:08pm
Have you read this poem? Question 1 is answered very clearly in the third line.
After you've come up with answers to these three questions, we'll be glad to comment on them.
Confused?? to the poem - Cartman, Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 5:56pm
Yes I have read it it didn't make any bit of sense
The writer by Richard Wilbur Poem - SraJMcGin, Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 6:29pm
Sometimes if you read a poem aloud, it makes more sense. After you read a line, stop and see if you can reword it.
MsSue gave away the answer to #1. Just LOOK at line 3 and what is the last word?
Line 9 for the answer to question #2.
After you've read the first 15 lines, you should be able to answer the 3rd question.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- year 8 english - I need to say what is funny about this poem:- thankyou The ...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- English - I don't understand this poem. Well, I understad the first part until ...
- Poem ~Help - Hey, so for my homework I need to make a poem about "what you do ...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- English - Can someone help me with these questions please. Bret Harte "Plain ...
- english - Has anybody read the poem Calgary 2am? If so, can anyone help me ...
- Englsih II - Review the poems we have studied in this unit and select the one ...
- Literature;Antigone - why does the poem "Chicago" use apostrophe what is ...
- English - I need to write a poem in the style of an American romantic poet. I ...