Posted by Isabel on Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 7:23pm.
Question:Percy is coloring a flag he made for class. He can use the colors blue, green, yellow and red.He can paint the rectangle part (backround) of the flag one color, the triangle one color, and the star one color. For example, Percy could make the star yellow, the backround red, and the triangle blue.
Each color can only be used once.
(Draw a rectangle w/ a star and a flag inside to help you)
me: I have no idea what a tree diagram has to do with this. How do I make a tree diagram with this question???
5th Grade Math - Isabel, Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 7:25pm
(I meant draw a rectangle with a star and TRIANGLE inside, not a flag.)
5th Grade Math - Faith, Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 7:28pm
Hmmm... this is hard to explain without being able to draw a picture. What you do is create four choices:
Rectangle Blue, Rectangle yelow rectangle green, and rectangle red.
Then have little branches come off with the different possibilites. For example, under rectangle blue, branches could be: triangle green star yellow, triangle green star red, triangle yellow star green, and triangle yellow star red. Do the same thing with each "topic," then count the number of branches total, and you have your number of possibilities.
Hope I helped! If you have any questions, write another response back.
5th Grade Math - Isabel, Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 7:30pm
Thanks so much!!! Now I understand :)
5th Grade Math - Aastha, Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 12:39am
i have no clue
5th Grade Math - Anonymous, Monday, January 26, 2009 at 8:19pm
98divided by 5772
5th Grade Math - macharia, Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 6:16pm
5th Grade Math - Arriaiuan, Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 7:34pm
can you just post up a place value chart?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - we design a new flag.they are 5 colors,blue,red,green,orange and yellow....
- Math - Reasonnablenes the flag that Nico waves has an odd number in the ones ...
- Reasonableness - The flag that Nico waves has an odd number in the ones place ...
- Probability help!? - I have a bag of 20 m&m's. 6 are red; 7 are blue; 4 are ...
- Math - The table shows the color preference of 50 shoppers at the mal. What is ...
- math 4th grade - Ken is about to eat a bag of M&M's on the 4th of July. The ...
- The principles of color - Which one of these color combinations is a ...
- 7th grade math (probability) - I'm posting corrections from yesterday in ...
- 7th grade math (probability) - I'm re-posting corrections originally from ...
- 7th grade - Susan has red, blue, green, and yellow sweaters. Joanne has green, ...